Your ecommerce website needs to make the right impression within the first few seconds of a potential customer visiting your ecommerce online store. Otherwise you will have lost the opportunity to convert a web browser into an online customer. So how can you ensure your ecommerce website design will maximise conversions?
1. A successful ecommerce website will provide a great customer experience
Providing your website visitors with a positive online customer experience is key to a successful ecommerce website. You need to ensure it is easy for customers to locate the products they want to buy in an intuitive and user-friendly manner.
2. A successful ecommerce website will provide a simple navigation
Website visitors will know where they are on your ecommerce website at all times through the site navigation, breadcrumbs and search filtering mechanism.
3. A successful ecommerce website will clearly show the price and any savings
Everyone wants to feel they are getting value for money. If you are selling products with a discount make sure the savings are shown on your ecommerce website.
4. A successful ecommerce website provides a secure online experience
Your customers security is key. A good ecommerce website will ensure a secure online experience and provide your customers with peace of mind that they can shop in a safe and secure manner.
5. A successful ecommerce website keeps clutter to a minimum
We’ve all seen a website that has so much happening on the page you don’t know where to look. Your ecommerce website design needs to focus your web visitors attention to the most important things you want to sell. It is often the less cluttered ecommerce website that are the most successful as they don’t overload the visitor with too much information.
6. A successful ecommerce website will show your product availability
A customer is more likely to buy a product they know is in-stock. However tempting failure to display product availability, only for the customer to wait is likely to result in an unhappy customer who is less likely to return and buy more from you.
7. A successful ecommerce website has a visible basket
Many of the leading ecommerce websites provide a quick cart facility, this means your customers can see how many items they’ve added to their basket and the cost of the basket without having to specifically click on the basket page.
8. A successful ecommerce website will maintain a consistent design layout
For example on all pages your website visitors will be able to identify who you are, a consistent menu structure and a search functionality. It is important that your ecommerce website maintains as many consistent elements as possible.
9. A successful ecommerce website will provide additional options to the customer
Whether it is product attributes, related products or what other people have bought, a successful ecommerce website will provide customers with other options based on what they have looked at.
10. A successful ecommerce website allows for customers to share their feedback
Positive customer feedback and reviews can provide a valuable sales tool to boost online sales through your ecommerce website. In addition to providing feedback ratings and reviews, provide your customers with the ability to share products and wish lists to their social networks.
These are just a few ways how you can create a successful ecommerce website that will maximise online conversions and sales.
Find More Ecommerce Articles